source url SCHEDULE OF EVENTS for 2015
- 8:00 am Pancake Breakfast: $5 with all proceeds benefitting the Polynesian Association of Alaska, Delaney Park Strip
- 11:00 am Community and Veterans Parades, Delaney Park Strip
- 12:00 pm Firefighter Combat Challenge & Mayor’s Centennial Cup Relay (battle of the Anchorage gyms, fitness centers and athletes), 9th & H
- 12:00 pm Kid’s Firefighter Combat Challenge, Delaney Park Strip near 9th & H
- 12:30 pm Special performance by members of the University of Washington Marching Band, Main Stage
- 1:00 pm Reading of the Declaration of Independence by Harvard Club, Veterans Memorial Flag Pole
- buy neurontin online without dr approval All day family fun with two stages of non-stop entertainment!
- 4:00 pm Commemorative Centennial Photo (event participants in the shape of 100), Main Stage
- 6:00–8:00 pm Free Concert by the full Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, Delaney Park Strip Main Stage (rain location ACPA)
2015 is the 15th anniversary of the Anchorage July 4th Celebration produced by Anchorage Fairs & Festivals. Above is the ambitious schedule for the event. As part of the Anchorage Centennial Celebration the event has two new and exciting additions. Immediately after the Community and Veteran’s Parade will be the start of an afternoon of Firefighters Combat Challenge. The Anchorage Fire Department is also celebrating 100 years and has worked to bring the equipment and team to provide a full afternoon of events. Local fire departments, gyms, fitness clubs and individual athletes are invited to register a team and join in the competition. (www.firefighterchallenge.com) In addition to the Firefighters Combat Challenge we are creating a kids combat challenge that will take place at the same time.
Each year the Harvard Club dresses in period costumes and presents a full hour of entertainment and the reading of the Declaration of Independence at the Flagpole/Veterans Memorial on I street.
This year 10 members of the U of W marching band are traveling to Anchorage to work with the all-volunteer Red, White and Blue Crew Marching Band in the parade. They will perform right after the parade and again as the opening act for the full Anchorage Symphony Orchestra at 6:00 pm.
To celebrate the Centennial, an aerial photograph will be staged at 4:00 pm in front of the main stage. This will involve over 500 people standing inside the outline of a giant 100 to create the picture. Working with local photographers and using drone technology we will capture this moment in history.
All day long will be activities, food, live entertainment on two stages and a host of things to involve and engage the public.
At 6:00 pm the main stage will be set for the free concert by the full Anchorage Symphony Orchestra. The performance will begin with a brief performance by the 10 U of W marching band members, followed by a concert of patriotic and classical music by the full Anchorage Symphony Orchestra. Included will be traditional favorites and the 1812 Overture by Beethoven. The day at the Park Strip ends at 8:00 pm but the Anchorage Bucs and Piolets are playing a double header and the fireworks will be at midnight from Mulchaey Park.
Persons interested in more information should call 907-279-7500.